- Outstanding sound absorption especially at low frequencies
- Free of any fibrous or dust-producing materials
- Low weight, high stiffness & easy to fabricate
- Fully recyclable
- Standard panel thickness is 40mm.
- Panels may be manufactured to any thickness from 6mm to 80mm
- Microperforated panels may be tuned to absorb particular problem frequencies by simply selecting appropriate panel thickness
- Mill finish aluminium face sheets are 5000 series alloy, for maximum strength and anti-corrosion performance
- Plain aluminium backing sheets (5000 series alloy) are available in a range of thicknesses including 0.3mm, 0.5mm, 0.8mm, 1.0mm, etc.
- SONIUM | FLAT face sheet is 0.9mm thick, SONIUM | CORR face sheet is 1.0mm thick
- Attractive powder coated and anodized finishes are available, on request, for SONIUM | FLAT
- SONIUM | FLAT can be painted using techniques which do not block the micro perforation holes
- Patent Pending
A REVOLUTION IN SOUND ABSORPTION
SONIUM® achieves very high sound absorption particularly at low frequencies without using combustible or conventional fibrous materials. The sound absorption properties are remarkable for such a low weight and fibre free material. Able to reduce interior noise and improve interior acoustic quality, the peak absorption
frequency of SONIUM® can be tailored to the frequency range required, simply by selecting an appropriate panel thickness. SONIUM® is faced on one side with a flat micro-perforated aluminium sheet (SONIUM | FLAT) or with a corrugated micro-perforated aluminium sheet (SONIUM | CORR).
SONIUM® is the ideal material for creating sound proof enclosures, wall and ceiling absorbers and for sound absorption in clean rooms, boats, trains and aircraft. Sound absorption coefficients to ISO 354-2006 for the two different types of surface finishes are shown in the graph below.
Ayres Composite Panels was established in 1996 in Bayswater, Western Australia by current directors Colin Ayres and Graham Cameron. Their commitment and dedication, ongoing innovation and strong customer focus has put Ayres Composite
Panels at the forefront of lightweight panel technology. Ayres works closely with customers, designing and manufacturing specific solutions to meet their unique requirements offering fast response, highly flexible product configurations and
short lead times. As a global company with a sister company in Mobile, US, Ayres Composite Panels is able to supply customers all around the world in a fast and efficient manner.